The Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G is a more premium sibling to the standard iQOO 5 5G. The major feature that sets it apart from its less premium sibling, is its 120W fast-charge mechanism. A large majority of the other features are pretty much the same. It features the same display, processor, RAM, and lots more. To further buttress this point, we explore its specs and price.
Where to Buy Vivo iQOO 5 Pro
Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.56-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2376 Pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 398 PPI
- Android 10, IQOO UI 1.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 50MP + 8MP + 13MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 8GB /12GB RAM
- 256GB Inbuilt Storage
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
- Fast Charging (120W Capacity)
- 4000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
The Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G bears the same design and build set up as its less premium sibling. However, distinguishing both smartphones by using its chassis design as a criterion is possible, as long as you are aware of the difference in color options.
The collect variants on the pro variant include White, Black while the standard non-pro variant offers come in Blue and Gray.
Upfront on the Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G you will find a 6.56 inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2376 Pixels, a 398 PPI screen density, and a 120Hz refresh rate. Honorable mentions to the Vivo X50 Pro Plus which also has a 120Hz refresh rate.
On the rear panel, you find a camera module that sets three cameras in a vertical array. You will also find an LED flash and the iQOO branding, which indicates the OEM.
Comparing the cameras on the Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G to that of its less premium sibling shows that enthusiasts would have to decide which camera feature they feel is more important.
The 13Mp portrait camera we saw on the Vivo iQOO 5 5G got replaced by an 8MP periscope telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom and an aperture of f/3.4.
The other two cameras that makes up the trio of cameras on the rear remain the same. It’s the same 50MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and the same 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view.
This rear camera setup is capable of recording videos capped at 8K. Other video recording modes include 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
The selfie camera is the same single 16MP camera that spilled from the Vivo iQOO 3 5G. This camera has an aperture of f/2.5. This camera is capable of shooting videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
A large majority of the features that facilitated performance on the less premium iQOO 5 5G where reminisced here. We have got the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor and Adreno 650 GPU.
The storage options have been streamlined to just 256GB. While RAM options include 8GB and 12GB. We also a non-removable 4000mAh battery which is by 500 mAh smaller than the battery on the non-pro variant.
Charging speed was bumped up from 55W on the iQOO 5 5G to 120W on the Vivo iQOO 5 pro 5G. This means enthusiasts can charge their smartphones a lot faster.
On the software side, we have got the IQOO UI 1.5 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The iQOO 5 Pro 5G features a USB Type C. It also features dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth 5.1.
Internet connectivity here is maxed at 5G. This means you will be able to download, upload, and stream at songs with 5G speeds, provided you are in an area with 5G reception.
Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G is around $720, which translates to 278,295 Naira in Nigeria, 77,774 KSH in Kenya, and 4,164 Ghana Cedi.
The Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G was announced on August 17th, 2020, and is expected to go on sale from August 24th, 2020.
Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo iQOO 5 Pro 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, IQOO UI 1.5
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB
- Colours: White, Black
- Dimension: 159.6 x 73.3 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.56-inch AMOLED Touch Screen, 1080 x 2376, Pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, 398 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (wide) f/1.9 + 8MP (Periscope Telephoto) f/3.4 + 13MP (Ultrawide) 120˚, f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under Display (Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4000 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 120W