The TCL 10 Plus falls in place one of the recently released smartphones in the TCL 10 series, of which TCL plans on using to create a name for themselves in the smartphone market. In comparison with the TCL 10 Pro, we have a lesser premium mid-range smartphone hardware packed in a chassis with a very similar design.
TCL 10 Plus Key Specs & Features
- 6.47-inch, AMOLED Display, HDR, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, (398 PPI)
- Android 10, TCL UI
- Qualcomm SM6125 Snapdragon 665 (11nm)
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB /256GB Built-in Storage
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 4G LTE
- 4500mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the TCL 10 Plus bears a very similar chassis design coming from the TCL 10 Pro. Both smartphones have a very identical appearance with different color variants.
Speaking of color variants, both smartphones offer dual-color variants. The options available here include Blue, Violet, while the TCL pro comes in grey and green.
Upfront on this Android smartphone we have the 6.47-inch curved AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels and a density of 398 PPI.
On the rear, we got the same matte finish on which you will find a horizontal array of quad cameras and two LED flashes.
The camera system TCL 10 Plus is a bit less premium compared to what we have on the TCL 10 Pro. This is the fact that is evident in both the rear and front camera setup.
For starters, the primary camera on the rear is a 48MP camera with an aperture of f/1.8 as opposed to the 64MP primary camera on the TCL 10 Pro.
The other cameras on the rear camera department include an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting videos capped at 4k @ 30fps. You can also record videos at 1080p @ 30/120fps.
Selfies are manned by a 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. A video record is capped at 1080p@30fps.
Hardware and Software
The TCL 10 is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 675 processor on the TCL 10 Pro.
The other major features facilitating performance here include an Adreno 610 GPU, option for either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, storage options for either 64GB, 128GB or 256GB, and also a non-removable 4500mAh battery.
The data above shows that the TCL 10 Pro has a more robust RAM and storage variants as opposed to the TCL 10 Pro which just has one RAM and one storage variant.
On the software side, we have got the TCL UI running on the Android 10 operating system.
The TCL 10 Plus features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-c port. It also features Bluetooth 5.0, NFC and infrared port.
Internet connectivity is maxed at 4G LTE on this device. This means enthusiasts won’t have the luxury 5G internet speed.
TCL 10 Plus Price and Availability
The price of the TCL 10 Plus wasn’t known as at the time this article was written, however, this article will be updated once the price is made known.
The TCL 10 Plus was announced on July 9th, 2020, and is expected to go on sale as from September 2020.
TCL 10 Plus Specs
Here are a few specs of the TCL 10 Plus:
- Platform: Android 10, TCL UI
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM6125 Snapdragon 665 (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Blue, Violet
- Dimension: 158.9 x 72.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 172 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.47 inch AMOLED Touch Screen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 398 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.2
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under display (Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Non
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4500mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –